Computational Display Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Panel Process and Optics (PPO) group at Apple is looking for an expert Software Engineer who has a desire to explore advanced display technologies. You must be excited by the prospect of working in uncharted territory, while developing software at the intersection of advanced display hardware, computer graphics, computer vision, and optics. We require a candidate who demonstrates a solid background in and a passion for any of these fields. We are seeking someone who demonstrates strong problem-solving ability and communication skills.
- Strong experience in C++ or equivalent programming language Good software development practices
- Solid foundation in 3D geometry and linear algebra
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Collaborate You’ll be tasked to work with a variety of domain experts in optics, computer graphics and display engineering. We are a fun and diverse team covering a wide breadth of experience in various engineering disciplines, with very high standards for quality of work. Your role as a Software Engineer will be to work with and support this team by producing software that can characterize, analyze and drive advanced display architectures. Implement Your goal will be to research, design and implement software tools that can root-cause problems, characterize and demonstrate the features of various advanced display architectures. You should be a creative problem solver, with a strong background in programming, preferably in C++ and one or more of an industry-established 3D computer graphics framework. Previous experience in industry is recommended. A cursory understanding of computer vision, camera and optics is required.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Direct3D or OpenGL, and HLSL, Cg or GLSL
- Experience working with cameras, lens distortion/correction, and image processing
- Understanding of advanced optics and display hardware
- Experience with motion capture (Optitrack or depth camera based) or SLAM Calibration systems, numerical solvers, and error analysis