Austin, Texas, United States
Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive line up of products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and iTunes. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to perfection by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. Do you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big? We are seeking an experienced Accountant for the Lease Accounting Team in Austin, Texas.
- 4+ years of accounting experience, preferably in lease accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient in managing and analyzing large data sets
- Solid understanding of new lease accounting standard, ASC 842
- IFRS 16 knowledge is desired
- Previous experience in accounting system/application implementation is a plus
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Assist with the coordination and completion of the fiscal month end close process with domestic and foreign accounting and finance teams. - Prepare recurring journal entries, financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations, and assist with the preparation and compilation of audit PBCs periodically. - Participate in quarterly balance sheet reviews of account reconciliations. - Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policy. - Implement internal controls to ensure accurate and timely administration, compliance and reporting for tax, general ledger and management reporting purposes. - Assist with the implementation of major, complex projects that have substantial impact to the organization as well as the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with SOX and GAAP.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting is require. Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred.