Cloud Data Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. Are you passionate about handling large & complex data problems, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking big data technologies? Then we are looking for you. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Business Intelligence team is looking for passionate, technical savvy, energetic leader who like to think creatively. Someone who is self motivated and ready to lead team of most hardworking engineers building high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse team deals with Petabytes of data catering to a wide variety of real- time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. These solutions are integral part of business functions like Sales, Operations, Finance, AppleCare, Marketing and Internet Services, enabling business drivers to make critical decisions. We leverage a diverse technology stacks such as Snowflake, AWS, Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Single Store, Dremio, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job.
- High expertise in modern cloud data lakes and implementation experience on any of the cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure - preferably AWS.
- Good Experience in cloud based data warehouse - Snowflake.
- Hands on Experience in developing and building data pipelines on Cloud & Hybrid infrastructure for analytical needs- Preferably having Cloud certifications.
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency and quality of data.
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Teradata/ SingleStore/ Hadoop
- Experience working with data at scale (peta bytes) with big data tech stack and sophisticated programming languages is a plus e:g Python, Scala.
As a Cloud Development Engineer you will design, develop and implement modern cloud data warehouse/ datalakes and influence overall data strategy for the organization Translate sophisticated business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data warehousing/analytics design standards Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build solutions to improve the efficiency along with that help execute leading data practices & standards Collaborate with multiple multi-functional teams and work on solutions which has larger impact on Apple business Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non- technical multi-functional teams You will engage with many other group’s & internal/external teams to deliver best-in-class products in an exciting constantly evolving environment
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in Engineering.