Engineering Program Manager - Tools, AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love taking on challenges that create a positive impact? If so, then we want you. As a member of the Shared Services Team supporting the AI/ML Tools organization, you will be in charge of managing our internal software tools suite, and collaborating with the team to better facilitate planning, execution, reporting and executive-level communication of software tools status in the AI/ML Organization.
- 10+ years of project management, program management or product management
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle as it relates to machine-learned products and services
- Innate drive to improve how things work, with solid track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or efficiency
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Highly skilled at cross-functional management without authority
- Organize the portfolio of internal software tools for AI/ML and ensure that all software tools are documented clearly and uniformly, that interdependencies are understood and planned for across teams, and that our process integrates well with other cross-functional teams. - Define, plan and deliver projects end-to-end working closely with engineering and design. - Help the team manage their projects more effectively by standardizing, building and improving software development lifecycle processes. - Monitor and report on progress (achievements, key issues), and track project critical metrics to performance targets. Audit and improve our tracking/project documentation efforts. - Lead weekly project status meetings and executive reporting. - Lead all aspects of your projects including specifications, scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. - Analyze product metrics to measure performance and use this data to drive decisions. - Communicate project status to leads and executives, present in executive reviews and coordinate product demos.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science