Accessories System Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Will you help us design the next generation of Apple products? We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our team. The Accessories group is looking for a Hardware Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to lead the design and development of Apple-branded accessories - supporting the enormous iPhone, iPad and Mac businesses. Do you love the manufacturing process? Are you passionate about great engineering? Join us in developing creative solutions to deep engineering challenges, where you will become an integral part of a team that champions customer experience, engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. In this highly collaborative role, you will oversee project management efforts between a variety of internal Apple engineering teams and external suppliers.
- 5+ years in consumer products and/or other product development
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Consistent track record of managing products through the entire product life cycle from concept to post shipment optimization.
- Experience working with off shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites.
- Exceptional organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Some international travel is required.
Accessories HW EPM is a technical role that includes responsibility for managing and communicating project definition, development landmarks, project schedules, and project status of new product development. You should be a fearless and disciplined organizer who is ready to work with the highly skilled Hardware, Software, Mechanical Design, and Industrial Design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and quality of the product. EPMs should be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big picture priorities. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. EPMs need to have a deep understanding of development and manufacturing processes, from part design to circuit board manufacturing to production line bring-up. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, confidently and enthusiastically to changes. Great interpersonal and written communication skills are essential. EPMs interact with all engineering design disciplines plus safety, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside of Apple. The EPM will be responsible for: • Building and maintaining communications within the development team • Handling cross-team organization, communication, and management • Develop, maintain and drive project design development plan • Developing meetings and documenting action items and progress • Travel to support manufacturing builds up to 20% of the time • Reporting and presenting project status and escalations to senior management
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.