Applied ML Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This is a software engineering role for in Applied Machine Learning working primarily in Python (though knowledge of Java is also a plus) that entails the design, construction and enhancement of a scalable and highly concurrent distributed platform. The ideal candidate must be prepared to bring and further develop the skills to build a highly modular, loosely coupled service architecture in order to process large amounts of data in an asynchronous, scalable fashion. The candidate must be prepared to use technologies like kubernetes, leverage cloud infrastructure like AWS, and use big data tools like Apache Hadoop and Spark. Knowledge of popular Machine Learning tools and packages is helpful, but can be an ongoing skill acquisition as part of the job.
- The position requires a solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with open source technologies.
- Experience architecting distributed systems, concurrent programming, and coding data structures.
- Experience in the design and implementation of low latency, big data applications.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Python.
- Experience with containerization and cloud infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and AWS.
- Deep understanding of REST, HTTP, and libraries like requests or Flask.
- Extensive experience solving complex technical problems.
- Real passion for process improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills.
UNIX Systems programming. Exposure to functional programming. Experience in statistics and machine learning. Experience with Jupyter notebooks or similar technologies. Familiarity with VNC/Remote desktop technologies. Working knowledge of git, artifactory.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science with 5+ years of related experience or equivalent