Sr Manager - Display Calibration&Test Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple designs consumer products that touched millions. It changes the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. The Instrumentation & Calibration Team is responsible for developing test technologies, methodologies and instrumentation for the calibration and design validation of Apple’s products. These solutions are used during New Product Introduction. The role of a Sr Display Test Engineering Manager is to lead a team of managers and hands-on engineers who design, integrate and deploy measurement systems that include test methodology, hardware, software, algorithm, instrument and fixture design. You will work closely with HW Display Design groups (Optical, Electrical and SW) across iPhone, iPad, Mac and more, to ensure the success of the current and future Apple products. We are looking at someone who has deep optical and instrumentation design experience, management experience as well as strong communication and technical leadership skills.
- 6+ years of relevant management experience including 20+ size organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of display calibration and test fundamentals (at least one display technology)
- Experience with optical instrument design (camera based and/or photometry)
- Excited about color management and other display Front-Of-Screen performance evaluation
- 5+ years of related work experience in Display Technology or Optical Instrument Industry preferred
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly cross-functional and fast paced environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 15%, to support equipment design, deployment, and validation
Manage a team responsible for defining world-class calibration and test processes, equipment manufacturers as well as in-house design instruments and processes. Lead the larger cross-functional teams to brainstorm, design and characterize metrology equipment used to calibrate and test Apple’s new groundbreaking display technology and products. Review product design-intent documentation to define instrument & test specification. Assess engineering trade-offs between precision, costs, lead-time and throughput. Prioritize development cycle based on solution complexity and technical risks. Drive both short and long term strategic initiatives. Set goals for results and provide reviews of solution maturity and performance throughout the program. Work collaboratively and coordinate with engineering teams across HW & SW Engineering organizations, Operations, vendors and contract manufacturers to enable engineering execution Identify, research, develop, and qualify world-class equipment manufacturers and suppliers Drive staff planning to support New Product Introduction Guide, mentor, and assist in career development of engineers and managers Build a diverse and innovative team.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Science, Physics, Optics, EE, or equivalent.