Cyber Security Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
This position can be located in Austin (TX) or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you can accomplish. We are seeking an experienced engineer with a background in large scale software development and delivery in hyper-scale distributed computing environments. You will work within cybersecurity software engineering team that drives Apache Spark’s state-of-the art features and pushes the boundaries of what is possible in industry.
- 7-10 years of experience with Java, Scala or Python (Scala or Java Preferred)
- Knowledge of streaming architecture, e.g. Spark Streaming
- 2+ years experience with Relational Databases (MySQL/Oracle/etc) and SQL variants
- Thrives in fast-paced environment and adopts a learning mindset; loves learning new technologies
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python
- Passion for high-quality code, tests, CI/CD, documentation, and production services
- Track record of driving improvements in code quality, performance, etc.
- Experience successfully adapting and applying Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with cloud compute environments like OpenStack, AWS, and Azure
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a dynamic work environment
- Proven track record of shipping high quality services and products
Apple is seeking an extraordinary individual to work on a team supporting and developing services which underpin mission critical cybersecurity capabilities. Spark expertise is strongly desirable however the ideal candidate is deeply technical, hands-on, and has enough experience with OSS software to understand the need to dig into the source and contribute as needed. While previous experience in information security is not required, a sincere drive for security and privacy is required. This role will work closely with our engineering teams and with partner teams to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of product objectives. The successful candidate will have a passion for technical excellence and team collaboration with a heavy focus on automation, scalability, and reliability for all layers of the stack.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related 7-10 years industry experience