Panel Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Panel Design Engineer to lead the advanced display development activities in flat panel electronics, focusing on the overall panel architecture, definition, simulation & design. This individual will serve as a focal point in architecting and defining the total panel electronics pipeline to achieve the most optimal display performance for the next generation of products.
- The candidate will need to have hands-on experience, in-depth technical knowledge, and proven track record in the design and development of active-matrix displays, panel design & electronics.
- Ability to perform computer modeling and understand the basic panel process is a must.
- Experiences in developing and manufacturing high volume display products are preferred.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to conduct a high-level electrical architecture work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills are required.
As a Panel Design Engineer, you will have responsibilities designing all aspects of the TFT backplane design: Track and fully understand the state-of-art panel design, electronic architecture, driving scheme, integrated circuitry and interface technology in the mobile display space; Define electrical architecture that enables the best display performance through total system optimization and optimization of each key component, including pixel design, active matrix addressing, integrated circuits on glass, power architecture, driver/panel interface, and high-speed interface from a host system; Conduct a necessary panel layout design and a SPICE modeling & simulation to validate both electrical and optical performance on the proposed panel electronics architecture and design; Closely work with the display lead, display electrical engineer, system architect & other cross-functional members to finalize the panel design, meeting all new display performance requirements; Support the panel design and electronics activities during the program implementation phase.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics or MS degree plus a minimum of 1 year experience