Senior DevOps Engineer - Mobile
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile Apps & Messaging Platforms team is looking for a hardworking Sr. DevOps Engineer with a background in large scale engineering support. You will enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes focusing on data/backend engineering, continuous integration and continuous deployment in a fast-changing world of software delivery.
- 5+ years experience in a Systems Engineering/DevOps role in a large scale environment required.
- Candidate will possess strong knowledge of Linux systems and internals.
- 3+ years experience with Docker, Ansible, Artifactory, Maven, Git and Jenkins.
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals (Python/Bash/Ruby/Java).
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems.
- Modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, EKS, ECS, GCE, GKE, Azure, ACS, AKS.
- Source control management such as Git, SVN.
- Container services(Docker/Kubernetes), UNIX system administration.
- Splunk/Grafana or similar for investigating or monitoring problems on systems.
- Release and management of NoSQL, Zookeeper, Nginx, Mesos, Jenkins, Artifactory.
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process with ability to quick learn new and existing technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Outstanding communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
The Mobile & Messaging Apps team is seeking a high-energy individual. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to work on core, and new products that impact millions of Apple’s customers every day. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Come join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist!
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Budgeted Addition