Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Location team and drive innovation that matters. We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you. The Location team works on the next generation of location technologies on iOS, MacOS, tvOS and the revolutionary Watch. In this position, you will be a key player collaborating with the development team to help conduct experiments to collect test data and validate them for upcoming innovative location features. You'll be part of a highly high-energy team that has delivered amazing location technologies such as GPS, Indoor Location, iBeacon, Auto Unlock of Mac and many more. Our team is seeking a motivated, highly technical and comprehensive individual to help us build the best location experience for our customers.
- Requires physical activities such as Walking, Running and Swimming for data collection in the field
- Excellent Debugging skills & experience troubleshooting
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills to work in team environment
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Basic computer skills and programming skills (Python) is preferred, but not necessary
As a Location technician, you will be responsible for running tests on iOS/tvOS/watchOS/macOS devices, report issues that are found, and follow up to verify they are fixed. You will also be implementing experimental protocol operating with different kind of measurement systems and report the results in a timely manner. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Be able to work independently once the task is assigned and execute them to excellence
Education & Experience
Requires a minimum of 3– 6 years of related experience.