Senior Java Software Engineer - Apple Employee Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here... At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions to complex problems? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Corporate Systems is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work as a Technical Lead. Someone who has a proven track record in developing and managing high quality enterprise software solutions is preferred. Our group is responsible for building and managing a suite of core application services for a number of applications. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, dev-ops engineers and technical project managers, working to make a difference for our customers. You will work with some of the coolest people and technologies, including: OS X, iOS, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Restful web services, Kafka Streaming and web platform technologies including Spring, Hibernate, and more. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong technology background.
- 10+ years of Software development experience designing and building commercial/enterprise class backend platform/components
- Expert level skills of Core Java + Spring
- Experience with Kronos product.
- Experience with Messaging/Streaming Technologies like Kafka
- Deep experience with Relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good Oral and written communication skills
- Experience building highly performing and scalable backend components
- Solid knowledge of application performance improvement techniques and caching solutions
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and thorough in every undertaking
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
As a Technical Lead, Java Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for Technical design, coding, debugging complex APIs & Microservices, and triaging bugs in several functional areas of the product. You will review design & code of other engineers in the team and will maintain a high engineering bar. You will also participate in product roadmap and project planning efforts. You will have a strong sense of ownership and passion to lead. We are looking for someone who loves working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 8+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 6+ years experience, or equivalent.
- Prior experience of integrating system with WFM tool like Kronos
- Prior experience of integrating system with HRIS
- Reactive Development using Spring WebFlux / Reactor