Creative Director, Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Strategic Initiatives team is focused on enabling individuals to live a healthier, happier life through personalized and compelling products. We are an experienced team of business leaders, doctors, designers, PMs, and data scientists. We work in a collaborative and dynamic environment where we are constantly pushing ourselves to redefine the industry and create delightful user experiences.
- Experience as design lead and manager of senior designers
- Excellent presenter and defender of work, strong collaborator with cross functional teams
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful
- Proficient at extending existing design patterns across platforms
- Deep systems thinker, able to optimize complex information architecture
- A great sense of style, attuned to visual and UX trends of consumer app space
- Ability to art direct production houses for illustration and animations
- Exquisite taste for UX writing
- Have the it-factor to set a new vision for visual and communication experience for new products
- Enjoy improving existing patterns and finding innovative solutions for new features and use cases
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
Apple Health Strategic Initiatives team is looking for an exceptional Creative Director to craft new iOS and Watch apps and evolve existing ones in the exciting field of digital health. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where you can build a visual and communication experience from scratch for new product initiatives at Apple. You are a master taste-maker with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. You are responsible for setting a high standard for our products’ visual and content design, and capable of leading your team to meet and exceed this standard. You are comfortable operating in ambiguity and able to navigate intersection of health and technology, shepherding the team to craft Apple-caliber visual and communication experiences for our customers. You are fluent in iOS and Watch’s apps’ UI and content design patterns and possess rare blend of visual design and content design skills. You have a special talent to craft exceptional work through all phases of design development from concepting to final production. You are not afraid to get into the weeds and obsess over finest details of every aspect of the product. You are an effective communicator who can set a vision for a team of visual designers, content strategists, and copywriters. Join this team if you’re committed to making each human interaction amazing for our customers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in art/design or related subject
- A portfolio of work samples
- Must be a team player with excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills
- Open to creative feedback, and bringing creative solutions to the table
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to make an impact in people’s health.
- Self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver, solid time management