Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help Apple build the next generation of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. The Intelligent System Experience team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to screen, triage and investigate problems reported on the system application for iOS and iPadOS, and to build internal productivity tools. We’re a team of helpers, problem solvers, debuggers, and engineers. We work with some of the most talented software engineers in the world, building tools to help them be at their peak productivity. You’ll be working directly with the software engineers responsible for the fundamental building blocks of the iOS user experience. Flourish in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high-pressure environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- A genuine passion for diagnosing and triaging software issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to strictly manage time spent triaging issues to ensure timely turnaround
- Proven track record of being proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Responsibilities for the role include: - Diagnose and prioritize issues filed on behalf of end users, third-party developers, and internal users - Communicate and coordinate solutions for emerging issues - Assist first and third-party developers with bugs and coding problems - Set incoming bug priorities, verify reproducibility and perform regression testing - Gather debug information for problem reports as needed - Build up encyclopedic knowledge of bugs in our components
Education & Experience
Bachelors or above degree in an engineering related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- - Write test tools to aid in reproducing and debugging issues
- - Integrate software changes and carefully manage the source repository
- - Experience developing apps using UIKit is a plus