System State Estimation Lead Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group at Apple is currently seeking a senior localization and navigation systems engineer to architect, prototype, design and implement a robust platform navigation solution. You will leverage cutting edge state-estimation and sensor fusion techniques to develop a robust and fault tolerant navigation and dead reckoning solution. You will work closely with platform systems, controls, and sensor hardware teams. If you are passionate about state estimation, sensors, systems engineering and world class autonomous technology apply today!
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Compute Science or another relevant engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience developing state estimation algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of estimation techniques (Extended Kalman filters, particle filters, complementary filters, etc…)
- Deep knowledge of gnss algorithms and sensor fusion (loosely and tightly coupled)
- 5+ years of hands on experiences with inertial sensors and GNSS.
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- 5+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Identify platform defining use cases and performances requirements that bound key algorithm architectures. - Design and architect a high performance, robust and fault tolerant dead reckoning solution that works in all environments. - Prototype algorithms in Matlab or Python and implement them in C/C++. - Develop simulation environments to test algorithm performance against ground truth - Model input sensors (IMU, GNSS, encoders, velocity aiding, magnetometers, etc…) - Perform simulation and analysis to support use cases and requirements definition - Maintain a strong relationship with our hardware teams, and downstream consumers Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Education & Experience
M.S. in Engineering + minimum of 5 years of industry experience PhD. in Engineering + minimum of 3 years of industry experience