Direct Sourcing Commodity Manager, Retail RE&D
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. We belive it’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this role, you are a dynamic leader as the Direct Sourcing Commodity Manager working with multiple partners. You will be responsible for strategic sourcing and supplier management of elements that will be used in Apple store construction worldwide.
- You are a validated leader who will do “whatever-it-takes” to get the job done
- You possess strong business acumen and experience leading complex supply chains, cost models, and quotation analysis.
- You have a background of handling detailed negotiations.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience in the Building Construction field as an engineer, architect or project manager from the design, consulting or owner developer side. Alternatively suitable experience may be with a contractor or subcontractor. Subcontractor experience may include employment with a material vendor.
- The following additional experience is preferred: design, engineering or contracting experience with construction cladding, interior fit-out, facade and building envelope systems. Experience with architectural metals, glass, natural and composite stone, or composites a plus.
You will develop and implement overall supply chain strategy and be expected to manage highest executive level relationships with supply base. There will be travel involved to support strategic initiatives for commodity. You will develop and maintain Commodity Spec and Preservation Handbook for commodity and partner with Standards, Design and Development to drive the best cost, quality and delivery. Drive new supplier on-boarding process. Supplier Management: Contract negotiation and management for all scenarios within commodity space. Lead pricing negotiations with supply base. Drive value engineering initiatives for commodity. Execution: You will ensure precise execution of delivery and quality for commodity. Ensure zero air freight exposure for commodity. Supply demand balance for complex projects and supply chains.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree preferred We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.