Apple Branded Accessories Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This position is part of Apple’s Worldwide Channel Strategy and Operations (CSO), within the Channel Programs Development (CPD) team. Apple’s main channel routes to market include Telco, Consumer Electronics, Mass Merchants and mono-brand retail stores. The WW CSO team is responsible for the management of Apple’s global retail programs in channel points of sale. The Accessories Program Manager is responsible for defining, developing, deploying, sustaining and growing the Apple Accessories Program across all Telco and Consumer resellers worldwide. The Accessories Program seeks to drive outstanding customer experience in both brick-and-mortar and online environments, which includes ongoing developments around product assortment, merchandising, communication, staffing, training and supply chain. The success of the Accessories Program relies on engaging with cross-functional teams within Apple, aligning multiple partners to run their own areas and execute their tasks based on a common strategy and business development goal.
- 8+ years of Retail Operations/Sales/Marketing experience.
- Experience in an indirect channel retail environment.
- Experience working in/with Telecom/Carrier, Consumer Electronics, Mass Merchant and/or CPG/FMCG retailers.
- Experience in Retail Development role with operational execution responsibility.
- Experience in global roles, with specific experience in international markets desired.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Ability to balance short-term execution needs with long-term strategic goals.
- Experience partnering with internal customers to achieve goals as a virtual team, including strong program and project management of complex issues.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including presenting to leadership teams.
- Excellent analytical skills, outstanding leadership skills, and positive attitude.
- Ability to be effective in both direct and virtual team leadership.
- Experience in leading a large group of international teams of various different cultural background.
- Proficient in Keynote, Pages/Word and Excel.
The Channel Programs Development team works closely with both global and regional teams, including, but not limited to, Sales, Training, Staffing, Finance, Marketing, Communications, Product Marketing, Packaging, Procurement, Contracts and Legal. This individual manages cross-functional forums where all of these functions come together to blend strong brand and amazing products with exceptional planning, execution and ongoing management, development and oversight. In this position, you will: Maintain a solid understanding of Apple’s corporate and regional Sales strategies, Channel Marketing strategies and plans, and current business environment. Lead forums with key leadership partners to discuss future requirements and priorities for the Accessories Program. Drive ongoing program improvement, based on regional needs, market development, performance evaluation, Apple strategic direction, etc. Own Program Management cross-functionally, across teams within Sales Planning & Operations, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Procurement, Contracts and Legal. Lead coordinated Program implementation with sales teams and channel partners. Drive process efficiency in the ongoing development and deployment of Channel Sales Programs.
Education & Experience
BS/BA required; Master’s degree preferred