Vision Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
- You are Highly skilled in C++
- Familiarity or experience with Objective-C, OpenGL, Metal, and Swift is nice to have
- Experience writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-threaded code
- Passionate – and holds strong opinions – on what it means to write great software
- Experience with computer vision, image processing, or machine learning systems is a plus
As an Apple engineer, you will have low-level access to the hardware and APIs that you can’t get anywhere else. You will need these to deliver low-latency and high-performance software to millions worldwide. We work on complex problems in the area of computer vision that require robust, efficient, well-tested, and clean solutions. This is a wide-ranging role which can include: communicating with and supporting cross-functional teams that use our software; API design and maintenance; writing front-ends for technology demos; algorithm optimization; participating in code reviews; and being a constant advocate within the team for high quality results.