System Software Developer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Power and Performance team is looking for an experienced software developer to join its team in San Diego. As a system software developer on this team, you will be responsible for collecting telemetry across all Apple products to drive power/performance triage and analytics. You will work with various teams across Apple to understand new hardware and software features, and develop software to collect telemetry spanning multiple layers of software stack. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest Apple products and build high quality, production software that would ship to billions of Apple customers!
- 3+ years of experience in developing production software (C, C++ or Obj C)
- Proactive and self motivated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams
- Strong system level understanding and excellent debugging skills
- Great foundation in software design and architecture
- Experience with development on embedded platforms
We're looking for a motivated engineer with excellent programming, problem solving and communication skills. You will enable the continued innovation in identifying and collecting meaningful metrics to improve Apple products. You must be proactive to collect these metrics in an efficient manner while preserving user privacy. You would be challenged to implement cross platform software solutions that work across iOS, watchOS and macOS devices. Experience in building, shipping and maintaining system software is required. To be successful in this role, you must have a solid software engineering background coupled with good system understanding and ability to write production level code.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based in our San Diego location. Travel of up to 20% will also be required.