Cellular RF Systems Engineer – Digital Predistortion
San Diego, California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, independent expert with a proven track record in the area of digital predistortion. Our world-class team shapes the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver leading-edge digital predistortion techniques and solutions for Apple’s wireless products that enable a unique customer experience!
- We would like you to have 7+ years of relevant experience in RF, including solid expertise in cellular transmit architectures and deep dive expertise in digital predistortion.
- You have extensive experience in specifying, simulating and designing DPD actuators and estimators including the mathematical background to define and assess the underlying algorithm and procedures.
- You have strong understanding of PA technologies and architectures, non-linear characteristics of PA devices, impairments due to PA supply voltage modulation, as well as passive and active loading of single PAs and multiple PAs.
- You have in-depth knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR), regulatory, and carrier requirements including their implications on transmit system specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, would be very helpful.
In this role, you will be part of the best-in-class cellular RFSE Team. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams and suppliers to assess, design and drive DPD innovations with focus on leading-edge performance under real-life conditions and clear differentiation from other solutions. Your daily work includes the following tasks: - Break-down system requirements intro requirements for a DPD actuator and DPD estimator. - Select, simulate and specify the DPD actuator depending on static and dynamic characteristics of the PA subsystem comprising the PA and the associated PA supply voltage generation. - Select, simulate and specify the DPD estimator depending on available computation capabilities and critical performance indicators. - Drive the further development of the simulation environment and PA modelling. - Prepare specifications as input for design teams.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is the foundation of your successful career to date. We would prefer a PhD EE or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.