U.S. Consumer Market and Business Intelligence Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s US Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers! Do you love to solve problems and have an uncanny knack for analytics? In this role, you will deliver outstanding consumer/commercial customer market research and business intelligence function as part of the US Business Operations organization. You will enable long-term growth via analytics of economic, consumer and competitor trends, and identify and evaluate present and future opportunities based on business intelligence standard methodologies. You will support sales leadership directly and partner with other research organizations across the company.
- Commercial insight experience in complex consumer electronic retailer and commercial markets, ideally with deep familiarity with the carrier route to market and product set.
- Proven experience in meaningful positions encompassing consumer/business intelligence, consumer product marketing, product management, commercial management, market research, and /or strategic planning.
- Proven knowledge of relevant market drivers across the “value chain.”
- High-level of experience with multifaceted analytical methodologies and how they can be applied through best practice in a commercial/consumer environment.
- Experience in category management and decision-making process of external customers.
- High level of numeracy and data management capabilities.
- Deep understanding of consumer trends and their potential impact on the business.
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced user of Excel and in-depth understanding of BI Databases).
- Experience within the US consumer and commercial routes to market preferred.
Deliver quality customer analysis, insight and recommendations for all consumer retail and commercial opportunities, focused on the consumer market. Develop and assess insightful customer trends and market shifts about the dynamic U.S. Consumer landscape, making key recommendations that utilize market share and improve profit opportunities. Ensure the resources for regular reporting requirements of the business are in place, dependable and high quality. Through a continuous improvement attitude, identify new analytical methodologies and visualization techniques to turn data into insights and action. Communicate effectively within the team and to other colleagues; providing consistent support to the Sales leadership team. Represent decisions and recommendations from analysis to relevant parties within the global virtual research and analytics function.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.