Business Affairs Manager, Original Content Marketing
Culver City, California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. We are looking for an experienced and solutions-oriented Business Affairs Manager to support Apple’s Original Content Marketing team. As a front-line reviewer of marketing materials, you operate with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and are skillful at prioritizing multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You are confident in solving complex problems, defining workflows, and executing next steps. You also thrive on collaborating and building productive relationships, using your emotional intelligence to determine the right way to engage partners within a highly matrixed organization.
- 5-8 years entertainment industry experience on a Marketing Services, licensing, or clearances team within a motion picture studio, television network, agency, or SVOD provider.
- Extensive experience negotiating rights, analyzing risk, and developing processes regarding contracts and licenses.
- Demonstrated understanding of talent likeness requirements, ties and restrictions as they pertain to film, television and SVOD marketing.
- Experience handling marketing submissions to the MPA and guilds, along with knowledge of applicable SAG, WGA, and DGA rules.
- Expertise in building credibility, rapport, and productive relationships across functions in a large organization.
- Demonstrated skills in core areas: concise and clear written and verbal communication, attention to detail, sound judgment, innovative approach to problem solving.
This role reports into Apple’s Global Marketing Business Affairs group, and partners closely with Original Content Marketing and Legal teams. In this role, you will review materials containing Apple Original Content, identify rights and compliance issues, traffic assets, facilitate communication between multiple stakeholders across the company, provide strategic options to internal teams, and license content with relevant rights holders for marketing use. Responsible for maintaining detailed documentation and trackers around clearances and licenses at Apple’s high standards. Contribute to the development of BA processes, procedures, and standardization that scale across a rapidly evolving business. The successful candidate will be flexible, diligent, and energetic, with a ‘team first’ mindset.