App Development Consulting Engineer (Enterprise & Public Sector Markets)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team is, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, our enterprise customers need to know that with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. We are the ones who make believers out of them. We solve technical and business problems to ensure success for both Apple and its customers. We provide both deep technical sales consulting and support in the area of application development with a goal of transforming the way people work. This position can be based in Austin, Texas or Cupertino, California with the flexibility to work from home or onsite at the Apple campus.
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You bring IT knowledge in the areas of enterprise application development for iOS, macOS, and competing platforms. You can clearly articulate the advantages Apple’s native application development environment brings to large organizations leveraging mobility for business transformation.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You think clearly. You simplify complex problems and distill big decisions down to their core. It’s rarely easy. Sometimes decisions require you to make tough calls, even after considerable energy has been invested - but you own it. You stand by your deep analysis, wisdom and experience to make quality and timely decisions.
- We are trusted advisors to Apple's Enterprise and Education customers on Apple best practices to develop apps that will surprise and delight employees, transform businesses, and further enable the adoption of the Apple platform. - We deeply understand application development within our customers’ businesses and their technical ambitions. We help remove development barriers and friction points enabling customer readiness for our platform. We create new standard methodologies and share them. - We work collaboratively across Apple, our sales organizations, channel and other strategic solution partners to change how people work. - We are deep subject matter experts - we consult on innovative and game changing solutions for business through the use of our platform and technologies. - We build strategic plans with Apple’s and our partner’s sales, engineering, product marketing and quality teams. We lead complex, customer-facing architecture, development and deployment conversations. - We implement, design, author and deliver training programs and technical documents both within Apple and to our customers.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- - You have experience working on large enterprise app development projects and ideally helped guide a company down the path of building and maintaining something impactful.
- - You are not simply just a heads down programmer, but also have a good understanding of business process.
- - Strong understanding of Apple's developer programs, distribution, and most importantly the SDKs for each of our platforms (macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS) is critical. Applicant should know one of these platforms inside and out. SDK and platform knowledge should be current.
- - You live and breathe Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and have recently completed apps that reflect this knowledge and demonstrate these skills.