Pixel IP Design Engineer - Interface
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a multimedia IP design effort collaborating with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in multimedia Interface design.
- Previous strong experience in taking an industrial specification and implementing the respective IP.
- Good understanding on timing/area/complexity tradeoffs on complex interface design.
- Familiar with one or more off-chip protocols such as DisplayPort, MIPI, PCIE, USB3, HDMI.
- Experience in frontend implementation tasks such as synthesis, STA, and logic equivalence.
- Industry exposure to and knowledge of ASIC/FPGA design methodology.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications.
As an IP Design engineer you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of multimedia Interface design: - Collaborate with other multimedia team to micro-architect IP specifications and define IP interfaces - Perform feasibility analysis on suggested architecture(s) and algorithm(s) - Perform RTL design and logic implementation of agreed architecture - Integrate subsystems that have both internal and external IP’s - Perform front-end implementation tasks such as synthesis, logic equivalence check, and STA
Education & Experience
MSEE or BSEE Degree, or equivalent is required