Software (Java) Engineer - Finance Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Engineering Solutions is looking for a skilled and motivated backend Software Engineer with background in highly scalable data processing systems. The Corporate Systems group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple Finance, Apple Media Products, Apple Pay, Sales, Retail, and IT Service organizations. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from Apple Music, iTunes Downloads, Apple Pay, App Store, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail/Online/Resellers, etc. These solutions are based on cutting edge enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Cocoa, iOS, Oracle, No-SQL Databases, AWS, Search Technologies etc. Accurately processing such high volume transactions is our core strength.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Concurrency and Distributed Computing
- Strong core Java experience is a must have
- Experience in building high performance, scalable enterprise solutions
- Solid understanding and implementation experience using batch and stream processing frameworks like Spring Batch, Spark/Kafka Streaming or equivalent
- Background in design and development of micro services
- Background in cloud technology and deployments is desirable
- Passionate about writing code that can perform efficiently in a big data setup
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- In tune with and adheres to best practices for Software Development
- You will work on features related to a payments platform at Apple - You will be responsible for development and release of product features related to data transformations and processing - Spearhead the architecture and development of product features to utilize stream processing frameworks - Transformation of existing data processing artifacts to a micro services architecture - Work with other groups to satisfy all Integration Requirements - You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent. Minimum of 5 years in Software development
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?