Site Reliability Engineer, Postgres SRE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join us in building the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. The Process Engineering Team provides tooling to an all-star cloud engineering team as they build the foundation for some of Apple’s most exciting services including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our software ensures that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, performant, and secure. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible platform to do the best work of their lives. We have the unique opportunity to own and deliver software at a humongous scale, larger than you will find at nearly any other company on Earth.
- Experience with distributed systems in a production operations environment
- Advanced experience with programming (Go, Ruby/RoR), and building enterprise applications; strong front-end skills and a good sense of visual design a plus
- Experience building and deploying applications on Kubernetes; Kubernetes administration a plus.
- Experience with massive environments, and automation design principles
- Strong QA/Testing skillset; experience with inside-out testing a plus
- Able to write clear and consumable documentation
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Proven ability to self-start, balance priorities, and work independently
We are looking to hire excellent individuals to join our team. You will work in a multi-functional group supporting a cloud engineering organization. You can combine hard and soft skills to tackle complex problems. You might need to code an application from scratch, do a deep-dive technical evaluation of a 3rd party technology, or craft a change management process from the ground up. RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Building software and systems to manage or report on infrastructure and applications Deployment, support and monitoring of existing and new services, platforms, and application stacks Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward and solve tomorrow’s problems, not just today’s Building a strong team by mentoring and leveling-up junior developers Designing process and crafting documentation
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience