Audio Analytics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to make impact on how decisions are made by Engineering teams? If you love statistics, data, analysis and influencing teams then look no further. The Audio Analytics team within IMG provides insights through data that drive decision-making for our engineering and product teams. Imagine what you could do here! We are looking for a candidate that can derive valuable insights and help us build automated reporting tools from the data we collect on audio usage and interactions; ex. Siri, alarms, haptics and many other use cases. In this role, you will be working daily with engineers and designers across Apple’s audio teams. You will be helping to drive innovation and improve our product decision making process while developing new experimentation methodologies, statistical techniques, and causal-inference approaches.
- Expertise in statistical data analysis and A/B testing, and in crafting, conducting, analyzing, and interpreting experiments and investigations.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data, and driving to get data when not already existing
- Strong programming skills, including data-querying skills (SQL and/or Spark, etc.) and experience with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala)
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- A passion for audio
Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations. Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of audio data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development. Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of leaders and teams, and work closely with engineers and product managers to assess improvements and make business recommendations for audio products. Provide technical leadership for evaluation and metrics development.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science, Statistics, Operational Research or equivalent field
- Familiarity with Splunk or other monitoring/reporting tools
- Programming skills in C/C++/Objective-C is a plus
- iOS and macOS app development is a plus