Manager Data Visualization, WPC Payments + Commerce Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a skilled, hardworking and results-oriented individuals to join our team building data foundations to craft the future of commerce, payments and Apple Pay. Reporting to the head of Data Engineering & BI for IS&S Payments & Commerce Analytics, you will build scalable, extensible, highly-available and high performance dashboards that will help build insights for measuring performance and driving strategy. You will collaborate with various data analysts, data scientists and instrumentation experts and engineering teams to build innovative dashboards and reporting tools that support our internal business and executive teams, so they can make efficient data driven decisions to grow our services businesses. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way. We believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. Our team collaborates deeply with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams. Our mission is to drive innovation by providing the business and data scientist partners outstanding systems and tools to make decisions that improve the customer experience. This will include using large and complex data sources, helping derive actionable insights, delivering dynamic and intuitive decision tools, and bringing our data to life via amazing visualizations. The ideal candidate is a self-motived teammate, skilled in a broad set of big data tools and techniques with a strong sense of Apple design philosophy. The candidate will have the ability to adapt and learn quickly, provide results with limited direction, and choose the best possible path forward at all times.
- Ability to deliver consistent high quality results while working in a multifaceted & fast paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Expertise in iterative and modular dashboard development
- Expertise in platforms and OS agnostic dashboards and visualizations.
- Experience building tools & dashboards for diverse audience like business users and leadership team!
- Have excellent software design UI and UX sensibilities and like to produce clean, simple, and valuable products for your users.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages!
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- You have a curious business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Have good communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with big data analytics tools like Hive and Spark QL is a plus.
Lead the team that builds dashboards, self-service tools, and reports to analyze and present data associated with customer experience, product performance, business operations, and dashboards that drive strategic decision making. Closely partner with our Data Science team to develop global BI dashboards, data pipelines, sophisticated security controls, and scalable ad-hoc reporting Engage with Product, Business, Engineering, and Marketing teams to capture requirements, influence end-state way we make decisions, and craft world class BI tools to support those partners. You will partner with Data Engineering and Data Science to craft our data infrastructure investments in support of BI needs You should influence upstream data model design, drive aggregate definitions, and develop your own data solutions as needed Successfully bridge analytics and business, ability to speak the language of both. Provide coverage on ad-hoc analysis from diverse partners and automate those needs over time
Education & Experience
BS degree desired in related field or 7+ years of equivalent professional experience