Software Engineering Manager - Maps Client Platform UI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to craft the future of Maps.app for Apple? Are you looking to contribute to a product that is the core of the location-based experiences found on iPhone, iPad, and WATCH? Apple's Maps is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to lead a team of client engineers in the creation of the next generation Maps experience. We need someone who will think clearly, have uncommon sense, innovate down to the very last details, and drive what matters. With your passion, enthusiasm, and dedication, there is no telling what you can accomplish. Join us to build a Maps experience that will delight millions of customers every single day!
- 3+ years of meaningful engineering management experience in leading a client software team and delivering software on schedule with high quality.
- Hands on working experience with iOS, macOS and/or watchOS development (Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa).
- Proven ability to collaborate with other teams and their managers to build the best product.
- Experience representing your team and its technology in multi-functional project meetings.
- Drive product features, functional specifications, and development schedules.
- Lead tasks and prioritize work across multiple projects.
- Experience building, developing and leading highly effective teams.
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills.
As a the manager of Platform UI for the Maps Client team, your primary responsibility is the development, launch, and maintenance of the experiences that integrate Maps with the ecosystem and platform it exists on: iOS, watchOS, and macOS. This means making sure Maps works with upcoming new hardware, as well as scoping and executing on new OS-level features that often have a high level of ambiguity and change. You will work closely with other engineering teams, quality assurance, management, as well as human interface and user experience designers in order to implement new products and experiences. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong background in both people management and technology. As a software engineering manager, you will be a contributing member of a team that implements new product features and improves existing ones, all while adding performance and software quality metrics to the codebase. Development and mentoring skills for the employees you lead are a requirement. You will work to identify career and personal growth opportunities and develop your teams. The ideal candidate wants to tackle big problems and cares about getting the little details right, across both product and people.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or MS in equivalent field.
- Experience working with Apple platforms, particularly iOS, watchOS, macOS, or CarPlay