Music Production Counsel - Original Content, Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all of our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an exceptional music production attorney to become a part of its team, which supports Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- 5 or more years experience in drafting, negotiating and handling music-related contracts and issues for new media, television, film and/or soundtracks
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of law firm and on-point, in-house legal experience at a television or film studio and/or network
- Extensive knowledge of the music business and new-media production across different types of programming
- Established, strong relationships within the music and entertainment industries
- The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of music-related matters including composer, music supervisor, songwriter, co-publisher, artist, producer, soundtrack distribution, voice actor and on-camera performer agreements, synchronization and master use licensing and working knowledge of music union related matters (e.g., AFM, SAG/AFTRA), for purposes of music engagements for new media, film, television (including non-scripted and scripted content), and other emerging technologies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
The Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of original video content. In this role, you will work with our legal, finance, production, and creative teams to handle music legal needs of Apple’s new media content development and production activities. The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator and drafter, an energetic team member on the ground, and a counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD, excellent academic credentials, and admitted to practice in California