Electromagnetic Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Familiar with embedded system with RF/Co-existence challenges
- Great fundamentals and excellent ability to find solutions in EM area
- Comfortable to use all types of related equipments (Spectrum analyzer, Network analyzer, signal generator, etc.)
- Hands on for scripting language, Python or Matlab, to automate instruments and data collection/analysis.
- Knowing high speed interface (e.g MIPI, LVDS, DisplayPort) and power supply (Linear & switching ) nature and the links to de-sense / co-existence.
- Capable of running different projects in parallel
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Join in early stage camera new technology feasibility study and investigation Build up and own near-field scan system, characterization methodology and SOP. Define electromagnetic validation plan and test cases for Camera sub-system, modules and components. Conduct EM characterization, data analysis and provide feedbacks to design team to form the close-loop cycle. Interact with cross functional teams for in-system performance test (e.g De-sense, co-ex), problem root causing and solution implementation.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module
- Experience on CST or Ansys EM simulation tools