Sr Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Experience
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Come join the Siri team at Apple. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for artificial intelligence. Transform the way people keep up with the world and work with the people who crafted the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who wants to bring their passion for building incredible products to deliver the next generation of voice assistant technology to hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering high quality products and will be a perfect fit in our team. Our growing team combines strong technical skills, product vision, and an exciting mission.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in software development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical lead/architect including technical leadership and mentorship experience.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience working with Machine Learning based applications - building models from scratch, shipping and deploying models to production, debugging ML-based systems in production.
- Understand and has worked with ML frameworks like Tensor Flow, PyTorch etc.
- Passionate about working with large data sets and experience wrangling large data sets.
- Has dealt with multiple types of data - time series, text and natural language, speech, images, audio etc.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
Join Apple's Siri team as a ML Engineer to deliver the best Siri experience around the world. We are involved in bringing innovative solutions to complex engineering issues and problems that have not been solved before. An ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in software engineering and a proven-record of delivering high-quality features into production. More specifically, an engineer in this role will be passionate about building new products that leverage machine learning that delight our users and will do what it takes to get there. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE - Serve as the technical architect/lead and system designer for substantial product features and be responsible for shipping them on time. - Build effective working relationships with peers and stakeholders in partner teams and organizations (eg: Siri Understanding, Siri Search, Platform, Tools). - Actively mentor and coach junior engineers.
Education & Experience
B.S/M.S/Ph.D in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.