Modem Power and Clock Architect - Cellular
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our modem development team, you’ll architect sophisticated leading-edge wireless modems that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. As a Modem Architect on this team, you will be responsible for architecting state of the art wireless communication systems focusing on modem power and clock architecture. This position requires someone familiar with HW architecture definition including HW-SW partitioning and optimization of the design of performance, power and area. We are looking for someone that thrives in a dynamic multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- In-depth knowledge on power, clock and reset architecture targeting power efficient modems for high data rate wireless communication systems
- Exposure to mapping product requirements onto detailed system requirements providing basis for system architecture definition of power architecture to meet e2e power critical metric.
- Experience in architecting SoC power and clock management sub-systems – designing DVFS, selection of PLL’s and LDO’s, crafting sequencers, regulators, clock generation, clock gating/reduction techniques, etc.
- Driven multi-functional topics covering across teams with wide-ranging strengths to arrive at efficient hardware/software partitioning
- Exposure to hardware and software architecture in SoC architecture topics - boot sequences, microprocessor, connectivity, memory and peripherals
- Bring up real silicon in lab, able to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
In this technical role, you will be steering modem system power and clock architecture as part of a modem development group responsible for state-of-the-art wireless products. Architecture definition for implementation of power and clock infrastructure targeting very high data rate applications – analysis of requirements, HW-SW split, analysis of power/performance/area tradeoffs, performance simulations. Work closely with the system teams in developing the system power architecture from the product requirements. Close collaboration with digital designers to realize the architecture with power and area efficient digital implementations.
Education & Experience
MS/Ph.D degree with 5+ years experience in modem architect development.