Senior Software Engineer - Caffè Macs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Want to build and manage a system that every engineer at Apple uses? Want to see this system expand internationally and add in amazing features like Siri, NFC, Health and Apple Watch? If so, Caffè Macs Engineering is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering innovative solutions to feed tens of thousands of Apple employees every day.
- 5+ years software development experience
- Very strong skills with Java (J2EE / J2SE) and related technologies: Spring Framework, JUnit
- Application development and design experience using object-oriented methodologies
- Hands on experience building and using REST APIs
- Knowledge of open source application servers like Tomcat or JBoss
- Confidence working on Linux platforms
- Experience with Oracle, data replication, SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong fundamentals in large-scale distributed systems such as Zookeeper, Consul, Kafka, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Solr.
- Experience in building new micro-services platforms on cloud environments
- Highly organized, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment, and loves learning new technologies
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seeks to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles
- Very good experience in Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Possess excellent communication skills and can influence cross functionally
- A passion for 24/7 global operational transaction/POS platforms
Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development management, from design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. You must be a proactive and hardworking individual. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a contributing member of a team that implements new product features, improves existing product features, while adding performance and software quality metrics to our codebase. You will work closely with business partners, other engineering teams, quality assurance, management, as well as human interface and user experience designers. Your duties will include: - Architect creative products, and innovate new technologies & solutions, play a hands-on development and design role, and deliver product in a rapid and dynamic environment - Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and secure Java applications - Design and develop RESTFUL WebServices - Collaborate with peers, including the iOS client team, on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features - Quickly build new ideas to get new user feedback - Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements - Work with project managers and technical teams, in a cross-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet the business goals.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent
- Having a good understanding in Cloud related technologies is a sure plus