Platform Software Engineer - Machine Learning / Data Pipelines
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you want to own a platform that enables the next generation of intelligent experiences on Apple products & services? We have built the platform that Apple uses for developing machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision applications. As a Software Engineer on our team, you are responsible for crafting & building software systems that are part of this platform. With the right experience this can be the role for you!
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java.
- Proven knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HDFS, Parquet and Avro.
- Shown experience developing ETL solutions for clients in different domains, managing various types of significant data.
- Proven experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high efficiency applications.
- Proven hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale data infrastructures.
- Experience crafting and architecting distributed systems, concurrent programming, and coding data structures
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of JVM internals and garbage collection.
- Solid understanding of scripting languages like Python.
- Proven understanding of query algorithms and optimization.
- Shown mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- Proven to have a strong, analytical mind set that will contribute to the overall experience for Apple users.
The responsibilities for this position include: Architecting innovative solutions while playing a hands-on development role to deliver products in a multifaceted environment. Being involved in meaningful and multifaceted projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative solutions to given challenges. Developing and crafting tools to monitor system health, performance, and reliability.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, with 5+ years of related experience