3D Production Development Manager, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As part of Apple’s global Marketing and Communications group, the 3D Visual Merchandising team develops physical deliverables for Apple products and services experiences in support of Apple Retail, Events, and Channel partners globally. The team is responsible for crafting and developing complex visual merchandising fixtures, furniture, product experience, and display solutions. The Production Development Manager provides strong fixture development skills, project management, vendor management, and partner management to deliver on a wide variety of 3DVM projects and R&D initiatives. You will be instrumental in leading the design development process, partnering with suppliers to drive quality and innovation while supporting cross-functional team engagement to ensure successful project hand-offs and fixture deployment at scale. Our team provides best-in-class quality by collaborating with Marcom’s Design groups and building trusted relationships with cross-functional team, agency and supplier partners.
- 5-10+ years of retail fixture development experience (preferably with consumer electronic products) in a design agency, architecture firm, or corporate in-house studio
- Project leadership with experience managing the design development process for 3D physical deliverables
- Aptitude for project management, strong eye for quality, construction details, and attention to detail
- Curiosity and desire to explore new solutions and creatively problem solve
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and self motivate
- Proactive, inventive, highly organized, and calm under pressure approach
- Works optimally both as a team member and a project lead
- Ability to build relationships through open and clear communication, transparent collaboration and consistently delivers results
- Ability to make accurate and timely decisions
- Experience managing and documenting prototype builds and installations
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Architectural and engineering drawings familiarity
- Run fixture design development process including: project planning, budgets, estimates, timelines, supplier engagement, supplier management, engineering, drawings reviews, production reviews, presentations, compliance, legal and documentation - Provide proactive, creative solutions and lend strategic, innovative thinking to all development projects, discussions and processes - Manage supplier reviews; present options, document feedback and action items - Execute against project strategy and negotiate project shifts with nimble, innovative and strategic approach - Collaborate with Design, Project Management, Producer, Operations, Finance, Corporate Procurement, Legal and Production team members to deliver best-in-class 3DVM solutions - Establish and maintain trusted and positive relationships with cross-functional partner and agency/supplier partners - Serve as an ambassador for the 3D Production Team, building trusted relationships with individuals on internal cross-functional teams and with vendors
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree
- This role is based in Santa Clara Valley, with international and domestic travel lasting up to 10 days at a time.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.