Caffè Macs Specialty Cook
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company.
- Must have knowledge of quantity food production, presentation, service and sanitation.
- Full knowledge of all cooking equipment and how to use them
- Displays a passion for food and cooking and be self-motivated
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace high pressure environment
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
- Advanced knowledge of cooking techniques and knife handling skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to troubleshoot and calmly handle difficult situations
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team if necessary
- Must be flexible in assisting in other areas when needed
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be well organized and well groomed in appearance at all times
- Must maintain the highest standards of conduct and confidentiality
- Must have ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate
Adhere to chef written specialty menus, recipes, and procedures. When required by chef, be able to write creative menus with corresponding order guides, prep lists, and in adherence to seasonality, labor, and food cost guidelines. Print out menus and order guides for each team member, and write clear and concise prep lists daily. Maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, and presentable cleanliness for your station, work area, and equipment used for preparation, including walk-in coolers and all storage areas. Assist in set-up and break down of station. Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods. Train and develop line cooks and prep cooks at your station, while leading by example for other station cooks as well, when applicable. Understand how to properly use and maintain all equipment used. Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product. Be present at weekly team meeting led by chef. Or, when required by chef, be able to conduct at least 1 Team briefing per week, discussing the menu, order guide, and prep lists for the following week. Establish and monitor par levels, portion control and waste, utilizing ordered product and surplus food product to minimize waste. Understand and participate in the established purchasing/ordering process, working closely with the chef. Complete daily Time and Temperature logs for your station. Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products. Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to the Sous Chef(s). Respond to all comments and complaints in a positive manner and alert chef when necessary. Work the service line during peak meal hours while maintaining a responsive, approachable demeanor, displaying great customer service, in a timely manner
Education & Experience
Food Handling Certification - ServSafe Certified Typically 6 or more years of high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party. May also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain Inclusive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce Extraordinarily Service Oriented - a demonstrable high level of customer service is absolutely mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill. Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- This position will spend most of the time standing.
- Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment.
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to understand sanitation directions.