Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. We are seeking a trademark attorney to fill the position of Counsel or Senior Trademark Counsel, depending on the candidate’s experience. The position is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
- At least one state bar membership.
- At least five years relevant legal experience required.
- Experience in trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement.
- Experience managing team of trademark paralegals and docketing specialists as well as systems.
- Experience handling copyright legal matters a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Works well under pressure in a fast moving environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to exercise sound commercial as well as legal judgment.
- Self-starter who can learn quickly and has the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a large team.
- Takes initiative in achieving results.
- Experience in technology and consumer electronics industries a plus.
We are looking for someone like you who has experience managing complex global disputes, and be able to solve highly complex issues in creative and effective ways, while maintaining an acceptable level of legal risk in a fast-paced environment.
Education & Experience
Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and strong academic credentials.