Commercial Development Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The Retail Market Development team is looking for a Commercial Development Country Manager, covering the Americas. The Retail Market Development team is responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and driving revenue programs that attract new customers and drive affinity to Apple. As Retail Commercial Manager you will be responsible for driving the commercial success of Apple Retail stores within your markets. You will leverage your Apple experience, market knowledge and analytical skill set to develop effective commercial plans that align with Apple Retail’s priorities. We are looking for a strategic individual with deep problem solving competencies, a strong commercial drive and outstanding relationship skills.
- Key responsibilities:
- Be the market expert: market trends, risk and opportunities, local consumer behavior, country plans.
- Drive Retail Stores sales performance: Field-facing weekly engagement, QBR, sales forecasts, trend and competitive market analysis.
- Drive program and promotion performance including Trade In, Connected iPhone, Monthly Payments, Seasonal offers, and other major Apple Retail programs.
- Apply Retail sales programs and performance trends expertise to increase sales productivity across all products within your markets.
- Contribute to executive-facing presentations and updates for the Retail Leadership Team including annual business plans, quarterly priorities, and KPI performance.
- Own relationships with Senior Market Director, Market Directors, and other cross-functional teams such as Sales, Product Marketing and Operations within Apple.
- Engage with key Retail partners from Finance, Retail Marketing, Retail Operations, Digital Commerce, Retail Contact Centers and Store Support Teams to develop, deploy and drive sales strategies.
- Collaborate with key partners in other Apple sales channels, including Reseller, Carrier, Enterprise, iTunes and Marcom teams to build complementary strategies
Skills & requirements Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant Industry experience Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and deal with ambiguity Strong partnership and relationship management skills An aptitude to quantify and support conclusions with analytic data Strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a highly cross-functional environment Attention to detail and ability to manage complex processes comfortably Highly collaborative, works well across all levels of a matrixed organization Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines. Strong presentation skills in formal and informal settings
Education & Experience
BA required / MBA preferred or equivalent industry experience.