Retail Supply and Demand Manager
Sacramento, California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Individual with strong analytic abilities to support Retail Operations in the Americas. The individual will focus on Supply & Demand analytics and will be responsible for presenting their analysis to Senior Leadership. World-class operational excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's success, and the RFO organization plays an essential role in ensuring operational and financial success for Apple. As a successful Retail Supply and Demand Manager, you are a proven leader with excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills. Your ability to work independently across multiple teams in a matrixed organization and communicate at all levels of the organization will be key to your success.
- 5 - 10+ years Operations experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.
- Experience leading a team in supply planning, demand forecasting, inventory management, or supply chain management is strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, able to bring creative, simple and logical approaches to complex problems.
- Strong influencer; able to partner with various cross functional teams to gather input and provide guidance.
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of ease working with numbers.
- Extraordinary manager, teammate and communicator.
- Ability to recognize, attract and develop top talent.
- Comfortable presenting to senior/executive management.
In this role, you will be the focal point for the development of supply and demand strategies for Retail stores that support Apple’s quarterly financial revenue plans, achieve aggressive inventory goals, and maximize Retail service level. You will work cross functionally with our internal partners to match supply with demand. You have strong business insight and exceptional analytical, communication and influencing skills. - Lead a team of supply & demand planners responsible for building and achieving weekly product availability plans that support retail sell-through while maintaining appropriate inventory levels. - Work cross functionally within overall Americas Operations to deliver high results for our customers. - Present product updates to senior management on a daily/weekly basis, providing insight on opportunities, challenges and key decisions. - Train and develop a team capable of meeting the challenges of Apple’s rapidly changing environment. - Be an active participant in new product transition planning and ensuring smooth product transitions. - Be the New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Life (EOL) champion for Retail within Americas Operations.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required. MBA/Masters degree in a related field is preferred.