Sr Technical Director
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a Technical Artist who flourishes with ambiguous challenges in an evolving domain? In this role you will play a meaningful role in cross-department collaborations with artists, designers and developers. You will work with an extraordinary team of artists and engineers to create the next technological revolution. You will create and contribute to innovative solutions for content production for AR and VR experiences. This role requires a keen understanding of state-of-the art real-time graphics and an ambition to produce visually stunning and compelling interactive 3D content while navigating through unique technical challenges.
- Experience with contemporary game editors and engines and the migration of projects across different tech stacks.
- Experience working with or developing proprietary engines and tools.
- Experienced in developing interactive experiences.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Partner with designers to concept, iterate, and implement new designs for tools and workflows.
- Work with leads across disciplines to identify core gaps in our technology
- Strong design intuition.
- Expert in integrating and combining 3D content into compelling experiences.
- Expertise in producing high-end interactive concepts.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and have good intuition in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop content at the bleeding edge of technology to find the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. You will be creating interactive prototypes using Unity, Unreal, or similar tools and communicating learnings to engineering and design partner teams to realize the product vision. Technical Artists are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to define and procedural content concepts and UX paradigms.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Game Design or equivalent
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Swift, Python, C#, C++
- Experience working with 3D content and content creation tools like Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, etc
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design
- Proficiency in procedural content generation
- Familiarity with macOS and iOS application programming