System Quality Engineer (Accessories, iOS Devices)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to see your ideas and passion make an impact on the way consumer electronics enrich customers’ lives? Ever wondered what technologies make the special things happen across Apple products like - Accessories, iPhones, iPads, Watch, Mac, Display? In the Product Systems Quality team at Apple, we solve hard problems to ensure that our customers have a seamless experience with our products. We have exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated and creative engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You’ll join a dynamic team of hardworking engineers responsible for driving the quality of Apple Accessories and their integration in the iOS/macOS ecosystems by working closely with hardware, firmware and software engineering teams.
- System-level understanding of core consumer electronics technologies like USB, Thunderbolt, Display, Inductive/wireless charging (i.e. Qi)
- Background in testing with Mac and Windows operating systems for debugging connectivity and host driver problems.
- Proactive person who enjoys leading and taking ownership of assigned projects, exhibit good written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a continually changing and fast-paced environment driving large scale projects
- Ready to dive deep into technical areas but able to share takeaways effectively with non-technical audiences
- Experience with SQA methodology and processes. Be able to author and present test plans and test strategies.
- Knowledge in any coding language is a plus
- Validate iOS devices, Mac and Apple Accessories for I/O functionality in customer ecosystem. - Help qualify design implementation, using industry standard tools such as mixed signal oscilloscopes, network analyzer and standard compliance tools from USB-IF, VESA, Intel, Microsoft. - With a self-starter attitude, help author/ leverage automation, test tools, fixture and equipment to streamline, expedite and expand test coverage. - Collaborate with Hardware, Software, QA and Program Management teams in every phase of the development process - Identify issues and work cross-functionally to drive bugs to resolution. Effectively analyze large dataset and communicate technical data-points to non-technical audience as well - Exec Presence: Ability to efficiently articulate key points and make the connection to customer impact
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience - 3+ years industry experience through engineering product life cycle of bring up, validation, release.