Creative Systems Developer, Media Products Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Media Products Design team is seeking a Creative Systems Developer to lead all aspects of our systems, data storage, integrations in our environment, locally and as it extends to our global footprint of designers. Our organization is responsible for all the beautiful source content which is designed and seen across all our platforms. Everything; Apps, Games, Music, Movies, TV Shows, and the next big thing built in-house or featured in our platforms from external providers. This position will place you at the epicenter of ensuring uptime and availability of data, and services directly catering to our array of creatives on various design teams. Candidate will be connected with experienced individuals and teams of systems, network, security and desktop engineers who manage the infrastructure for other departments at Apple and will be encouraged to glean, mirror, bring your experience and expertise to innovate for our environment appropriately.
- Expertise in a Systems/IT support position, ideally in a full spectrum of static, A/V, visual effects + editing creative studio environment
- 5+ years of experience with Linux, Unix, CoreOS, macOS, iOS, Windows, etc.
- You run most Linux commands and utilities and have handled Linux servers in a post production environment
- Working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to fix networking issues
- Experience with Xsan/Stornext SAN, Qumulo File System environments
- You understand the importance and are proficient in implementing backup solutions
- Experience with configuring and handling AWS environments for offsite rendering and tiered storage: AWS Thinkbox, S3/EFS/EBS etc.
- Experience with Maya, C4D, Houdini, Nuke, Adobe CC applications, Sketch, server-client based font management
- Knowledge of various application plugin packages and rendering tools including VRay, Mantra, Arnold, RedShift and Deadline
- Experience with VMWare, VMs, containerization, management and scaling: Docker, Kubernetes.
- Expert knowledge with Python programming used in multiple Operating systems (macOS, Linux, Windows) as well as skills with Bash scripting, SQL, and Ruby
- Experience with compiling software compilation, package management, virtualization, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic and performance troubleshooting/profiling a plus
- Experience with common version control software: Perforce, Git
- Broad experience supporting and maintaining common Linux/Unix applications and services, as well as a good understanding of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS, AutoFS, Kerberos, PAM, PXE, SNMP, SSH, VNC, X11, NPT, and HTTP/S
- Deployment and oversight of systems such as Ansible, Puppet, and JAMF
- Familiar with installation and management of license server: RLM, FLEXlm/FLEXnet, and HASP
- Knowledge of DIT workflows, 3D LUTs, and on-set to editorial pipelines
- You can effectively gauge and adapt to priorities in an evolving environment and provide appropriate responses.
- Your dream is to work in a creative, multifaceted, and meaningful work environment.
- You will have the opportunity to work with teams that leads in the design and creation of globally recognized content. The role will be focused on enabling the teams' individual objectives by maintaining, servicing, and supporting the day-to-day technical support needs by the group. - Maintenance and monitoring of Qumulo Systems, Quantum Stornext SAN/Apple Xsan clients - Pinpointing application, networking problems and system or OS issues. - Maintain software license servers and assist with end user software installs - Ensure redundancy and back ups of data and core systems and services - Integrate segments of infrastructure with internal or external tools and systems - Expedite setup of new workstations, render nodes, and farms (Deadline) - Bash/DOS/Python scripting to automate processes and improve efficiency - Participate in architectural planning discussions to ensure a consistent technology roadmap - Drive systems engineering projects to completion by working closely with technical business partners - Spearhead the research and implementation of new technologies - Design and build an appropriate Design/VFX pipelines for content creation across various teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years experience in a complex enterprise or production environment