Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Mac… iPod… iPhone… iPad… WATCH… what’s next? We are a team of passionate engineers who are crafting, prototyping, analyzing, and eventually launching that next new product category at Apple. The Product Analyst role on this team will be to perform statistical analysis and data visualization efforts for the product we are building, enabling our design engineers to characterize their designs and make important product related decisions. In addition, there may work on applications relating to ergonomics, mechanical loading, kinematics, thermals, and user perception, among others. You will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and encourage millions of people every day.
- 3+ years of work experience in the technology sector
- Experience with statistical analysis (types of distributions, probability, mean/variance, etc)
- Coding experience relating to data analysis (Matlab, R, Python, JMP, others)
- Experience with 3D geometry best-fit software & techniques (Polyworks, others) or a strong interest to learn.
- Experience analyzing user study data relating to fit, comfort, or other subjective metrics or strong interest to learn.
- Experience working on technical project groups in a professional or academic environment
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, slide & data presentations, and participating in working meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills: running meetings, collaborating with teams in multiple subject areas.
- Experience solving problems with a hardworking, yet methodical approach
- Detail orientated and capable of balancing multiple assignments at once
- You will be located Bay Area (inside Apple's headquarters) due to the collaborative nature of the work.
This is a collaborative and highly technical role. By joining our team, you will work side-by-side with our designers to resolve necessary data analysis and collaborate on the best way to communicate trends, conclusions, or comparisons. You will frequently use software tools to perform your analysis using data sets generated by internal studies, 3rd party research, or overseas factory testing. Once an analysis is complete, you will summarize your results using Keynote and share your findings with the team. Are you ready to make an impact? The work you do here will be used to influence design direction within our engineering team, across other development teams within Apple, and with our management. You’ll be asked to personally present your findings and communicate what you’ve discovered. Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, slide presentations, and participating in working meetings are key. You can expect to learn and work frequently with various statistical software tools. If a software program doesn’t exist to perform the analysis you need, you’ll have the freedom to work with suppliers on new tools or develop your own analysis scripts. The ideal candidate for this role loves to work with large data sets using computer software tools, has a knack for clear and visually appealing presentations of analysis, and is passionate about using data to make well-informed, scientific decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or a similar field