Production Support Engineer - Display Advertising
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy!
- 3-5 years of experience in production support engineering, contact center engineering, or other related function in an enterprise environment
- Experience in analyzing, debugging and fixing application issues under pre-defined service-level agreements.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Able to brainstorm and communicate technical concepts with technical peers as well as non-technical business partners
- Experience in relevant technologies such as SQL, Splunk, monitoring & alerting APIs (e.g. Prometheus, PagerDuty)
- Data analysis experience using hive/presto or related technologies
- Software development background is a plus (especially Java)
- Mobile advertising experience is highly desirable
- AWS or other cloud experience is a plus
- Flexibility in work schedule to overlap with partners in other timezones
- Open to periodic travel to our Hyderabad, India office
The Solutions Engineering team within Advertising Platforms is seeking a bright and endlessly curious individual to help us successfully scale our ad business supporting Apple News: Become an expert in the world of display advertising with Apple News — from the Apple News app to the advertising tools to our partner integrations. Make an impact on customer experience by efficiently routing, tracking and resolving issues. Enjoy a mix of task-based and open-ended work — the satisfaction of resolving discrete issues for customers, blended with the chance to refine processes, improve efficiencies, and genuinely make life better for your colleagues Recommend and bring to life improved tools and methodologies to support our customers. Identify trends of customer issues to influence product direction and engineering investments Bring your full creativity and curiosity to bear in finding answers to open-ended questions and challenges Find ways to improve our production support processes and help to bring about the needed changes Partner across teams on a daily basis, working with engineering, dev ops, product, and business teams both local and remote
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.