Trade Compliance Analyst Latin America
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation as we do toward our products and services. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Contribute to the development and implementation of Apple procedures to ensure sustainable compliance in an effective and efficient manner. Additionally, will be a key contact point in understanding and disseminating customs and related import requirements and restrictions for successful execution by business teams.
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance regulations particularly in Brazil and Mexico
- Experience in customs broker coordination and management
- HTS (NCM) classification knowledge is required
- Proven ability to efficiently coordinate with Customs and other local authorities and experts to successfully resolve audits, challenges and queries
- English proficiency required; Spanish and/or Portuguese a must
- Must be able to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams including engineering, sales, finance and operations
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Customs's valuation experience is a strong plus
- Must possess excellent analytical, communication, presentation and organization skills
- Capability to take on business knowledge and relate it to potential Trade Compliance impacts
- Systems (Excel, SAP) experience is preferred
- Travel may be required
Provide clear guidance on customs & international regulatory compliance restrictions that may build market access issues for product introduction into the targeted markets. Partner with Operations, Retail, AppleCare organizations to import inventory goods, service parts into key markets in Latin America including but not limited to Brazil and Mexico. Communicate new and existing import requirements to key business organizations & leads with the goal of eliminating roadblocks at time of customs clearance. Advise business organizations as special programs and projects prepare to launch to determine any regulatory or import requirements. Partner closely with Logistics for management of custom broker escalations on regulatory compliance issues gating importation to ensure that Apple’s supply chain is not disrupted. Partner with Tax in relation to transfer pricing & customs valuation rules. Evaluate and assess current customs broker management activities, establishing key performance measurements, audit programs and compliance guidelines. Develop and drive operational improvement. Continuously evaluate processes, consultants and local country office to ensure the best lead times. Partner and influence Government Affairs & Legal organization to pursue legislative changes on an as needed basis. Direct engagement. Classify products assigning an HTS code. Establish, implement and update written procedures (SOP’s) and desk procedures in support of trade compliance programs. Classification ruling process experience preferred. Handle and coordinate Customs’ reviews and audits. Renew/Lead Customs broker POA (Power of Attorney) and government system registrations. The successful candidate must be motivated, flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree; plus 5 years experience with Customs trade. Compliance required.