Sr. Analyst - Wallet & Apple Pay - Growth Strategy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! Help Wallet and Apple Pay deliver amazing new commerce experiences for Apple customers around the world. Apple Pay is a leading digital wallet for iOS customers in over 51 markets and growing rapidly, including e-commerce, transit, loyalty, and other product areas. Core responsibilities will include strategy development and coordination of large growth initiatives. The role will include market analysis and partnership assessments. This person will engage and partner with existing leaders across the Apple Pay team worldwide, and Apple more broadly. The primary focus will be in providing strategic analysis for Wallet & Apple Pay product strategy, business performance and growth initiatives, including new product areas, market entry strategies, and cross-Apple programs. This will include evaluating new, long-term opportunities for Apple, current business performance, platform capabilities and other opportunities to ensure Apple maintains leading payment and commerce services. In addition, the role will lead or help drive cross-functional projects that evolve our platform capabilities, break through operating constraints, and evaluate our organizational models to support a rapidly evolving Apple Pay ecosystem. The role will find opportunities, competitive and industry trends, and needed changes for our payments platform. The role will also support operational planning, prioritization, and resource allocation across the Apple Pay organization. This highly important role includes frequent interaction with key internal and external partners. Internally, this role will work directly with leaders and teams across Apple Pay, App Store, and other teams throughout Apple, including business management, business development, operations, engineering, developer and other partner relations, and other teams.
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years in digital payments, mobile commerce, or related industries, including experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or similar strategy functions in a global organization.
- Deep experience in payments and commerce - capabilities, requirements and business models - with a knowledge of international market dynamics.
- Outstanding analytical and financial modeling skills; ability to structure, direct, and effectively communicate sophisticated data analysis.
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with senior executives, including via formal presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of Apple Pay and Apple’s other products, services and ecosystem, including particularly Apple’s App Store and media services.
Evaluating and prioritizing new growth opportunities for Apple Pay around the world through research, analysis, and financial modeling Assessing business unit performance and prioritizing enhancements to current Apple Pay product roadmaps (e.g., payments, e-commerce, transit, merchant loyalty). Engaging key partners - networks, issuers, processors, merchants - on major strategic efforts for Apple Pay. Driving competitive market intelligence and industry trends relevant for digital payments. Work in close collaboration with the business leads and engage with potential strategic partners to evaluate new opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus.