Manager - Business Process Improvement & Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Apple Media Products/Wallet, Payments and Commerce (AMP/WPC) Business Operations is responsible for improving customer service and ensuring safe secure transactions, for driving growth through insights and analytics, and for providing operational support to our sales teams and business partners around the world, and for doing all of this with Apple quality and passion. In order to deliver on our mission and enable rapid, sustainable and scalable growth, we are creating a Manager role to build and lead a new team focused on internal business processes and tools. This leader and their team will be accountable for driving continuous improvement in both processes and tools for operations and for the business teams we support.
- To achieve the goals above, the successful candidate must :
- Have broad general knowledge of commercial and operations fundamentals,
- Be adept at leading meetings and work sessions to facilitate constructive debate and to drive to meaningful consensus,
- Be able to accurately detail and communicate conclusions, plans, and status to partners,
- Be skilled at identifying gaps in alignment, resources or follow-thru, and advancing in stages as needed to close those gaps,
- You should be able to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively,
- Be able to effectively manage multiple, complex project tracks and to construct and communicate architectures, frameworks and stories that tie them all together for leadership,
- Manage scarce resources in the most efficient and impactful manner, and build, lead and develop highly effective teams.
The success criteria for this role are to : - Understand the goals of our business owners sufficiently to guide them and the supporting teams to define the processes and tools needed to help them meet those goals, - Identify and ensure executive dedication for high priority projects from start to finish, - Lead cross-functional prioritization discussions to align leadership on the most meaningful work and to - Secure all the resources required to get things done, - Project manage development and deployment work ensuring requirements are met, on time and on budget, - Effectively plan for, lead and report on adoption, business impact and continuous improvement on processes once delivered, - Build a sustaining support model for tools once delivered, responsible for downtime - Planning & notifications, timely production issue resolution, and issue analytics for continuous improvement - Identify and eliminate duplication across the various business and operations teams, and work effectively with the engineering PMO team to align tools, methodologies and project status reporting.
Education & Experience
The successful candidate will have 7+ years management experience with specific proven examples that demonstrate proficiency in the areas listed above. BA/BS required, advanced degree a plus.