WTE Systems Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Eco-Systems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich peopleʼs lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- 5+ years hands on experience in wireless System Testing/Certification/Lab Simulation/Performance
- Hands on experience in developing and validating test cases for mobile devices and cellular technologies (LTE/UMTS/CDMA/VoLTE) using popular test development platforms
- Strong Knowledge in 5G NR Phy/MAC, upper layer (RLC, PDCP, TCP/IP) and control plane protocols (RRC, NAS, IMS)
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP specifications and experience in LTE Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, PDCP and NAS layer
- Proven experience of investigating and resolving cellular device side issues
- Broad spectrum of knowledge to be able to understand end-to-end network system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way up to application end-point.
- Proven ability to independently own a complete area of technology and drive product quality working with cross-functional teams
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers
- Automation and Scripting skills in Python
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi- functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals and baseband optimizations. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software - PHY, RF, SIM, NAS, AS, IP, TCP/UDP and iOS interfaces, to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, want to make an impact and have the desire to work on groundbreaking cellular technologies, then we are looking for you. As part of this team you'll be impacting iPhone user experience in 100+ countries by engaging in continuous process improvements for a well tested and robust software.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience