Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Global Security team is looking for a hardworking network engineer. Our team is responsible for the design, implementation, operation and troubleshooting of a global network to support Apple’s physical security infrastructure. This includes high-availability networking, data center infrastructure, Security Operations Centers, and radio-over-IP on a 24x7x265 basis. You should possess an excellent conceptual understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, basic routing and all aspects of troubleshooting.
- - CCNA certification or equivalent experience
- - 3+ years administrating TCP/IP networks
- - Excellent layer 1 through 3 troubleshooting skills on IOS, IOS-XE and NX-OS devices
- - Packet analysis using tools like tcpdump and Wireshark
- - Thorough understanding of VLANs, STP, VTP and basic layer 3 routing
- - Ability to diagnose host-based issues using tools like nmap
- - Monitoring and managing of Solarwinds, Splunk, Stealthwatch, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- - Operate and handle Opengear console server for in-band and out-of-band management
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, prioritize multiple assignments in parallel, and be self driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. The candidate also needs to show initiative, ability to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrate an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the business and network environment. The position has multi-functional aspects and you will need to show good interpersonal and communication skills working with other IT business units and vendors.
Education & Experience
- BS degree or equivalent network administration job experience
- Nice to have:
- - Experience with hardware load balancing
- - Experience with network automation (ZTP, Python scripting)
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant(Opens in a new window).
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor.Learn more(Opens in a new window).
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinanceguidelines(opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program(Opens in a new window).
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more(Opens in a new window).